The below information is a guide on what fonts to use in various circumstances. To view details about the typography of BGS, please visit the typography page under visual style.
GT Pressura is installed on every BGS staff members computer, please let marcomms know if you have trouble accessing it.
(designed by marcomms)
(Staff computers, letterheads)
BGS website, mini sites
|Headings, sub headings||GT Pressura Bold/Regular||GT Pressura Bold/Regular||GT Pressura Bold|
|Body copy||Arial or Exchange||Arial 10 point||Roboto|
|GT Pressura Regular|
|GT Pressura Bold|
- Use different typefaces together to create emphasis and a visual hierarchy that assists the reader with navigating your text.
- Use fonts, weights, color and point size to tell a story.
- Use plenty of surrounding white space.
- Keep punctuation to a minimum. Visit our writing style section for more tips.
- Use all capitals in blocks of type of three lines or more.
- Condense or expand typefaces.
- Add spacing between characters.
- Overuse emphases. Too much emphasis can have the opposite effect. If everything is emphasised, nothing stands out.
- Substitute any variation other than those listed above.
Note: Brighton Grammar’s is designed in all capitals. When written in text, the name should appear in uppercase and lowercase letters.