Image Administrators Guide
The role of an administrator
- Look over any files that are being uploaded to ensure they meet guidelines
- Check image tags and tag consistency where appropriate
- Move folder to correct place from Drop Folder to the correct folder location on the Photos Folder
- Any photos that could be used for archival quality need to be tagged
Login to the administration panel using your BGS username and password.
- Staff use the Image Upload Tool to upload photos to system
- Folder is renamed automatically, photos are tagged and placed in the Drop Folder
- Administrator checks files for duplicates, tagging
- Admin moves folder from the Drop Folder into correct folder on the M: Drive
- Extensis Portfolio watches that folder and catalogues the images
Differences between staff and administrators
|Access to live BGS image library||✔||✔|
|Access to Image Upload Tool||✔||✔|
|Access to M: Drive||✔|
|Access to Extensis Portfolio software||✔|
|Authority to move and delete files||✔|
|Knowledge of how system operates||✔|
Once folders are moved into the M:\Photos folder, the DAM system catalogs the added photos.
It is important that each folder is named correctly and is in the appropriate folder location.
Please contact the BGS Image Library team at firstname.lastname@example.org